Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CCS Challenge: Creative Elegance


The CCS Challenge this week is Creative Elegance using Black and white only ...we could use shades of silver and gray, but NO color! I had no idea what a challenge this was going to be... I love COLOR!!!

I found some Basic Grey designer paper that had NO color in it and so used that for my background. Then I stamped the I'm Your Friend sentiment using London Fog Memento ink onto Whisper White cardstock. It still looked quite boring....so I added a flower embellishment. Thanks Lisa for a challenge that really "challenged" me...now I appreciate color a whole lot more! :o) 

**Edited to add: I know in the picture it looks a tad pink...but I assure you it is not.   I took the picture about dusk and the natural light played tricks on me.  :o)  It was screaming for PINK!!!  hee~hee :o)



Card Deets:
Stamp: I'm Your Friend 
Cardstock: Black, White and Basic Grey Ambrosia dp
Ink: Memento London Fog
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Flowers and Brad

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering about that, thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh I thought I was color blind!LOL! Your card is gorgeous! It was a tough challenge.... took a lot of self control not to add color. Self control is not one of my best suits! Hee!Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card Jennie. I LOVE that polka dot flower and how well it coordinates with the beautiful BG paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty...wowzers on the flower too! love your dp...what Basic Grey is that?....will go on the hunt LOL

    ReplyDelete

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails