Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful week. I want to say thank you to all who played in our last challenge. We had a few more players! Yea that makes me sooooo happy! Hopefully you all will find inspiration this week. It was so much fun to see every one's creations. OK so for the details:
This challenge is ALL about Something clear.
This could be acetate, clear buttons, clear baubles......maybe even clear embossing powder. Just keep it clear! Let your creativity flow! For my sample I am also going to show a tutorial for a quick and easy shaker card.
- Gather your materials. For this project I used:
Sage Shadow Card Base
5 1/8 x 3 7/8 Bashful Blue Base
5 x 3 3/4 Design Paper
Glitter (I used Martha Stewart glitter flakes)
3M Mounting tape on a roll
Acetate or other clear sheet.
Let it Snow Stamp Set was used
- Use adhesive to put your design paper to your 2nd base.
- Use 1 3/8 Punch to cut through your main base.
- Adhere acetate sheet to back so the clear sheet will now create a window.
- Stamp your image and color if needed.
- Put 3M tape all around image.
- Pour glitter into the middle of all the mounting tape (on top of your image)
- Lay the base with the clear window sheet over your image and push down so there will be no cracks for the glitter to escape.
- Place mounting tape or pop up dots around the rest of the base and adhere to your card base.
- Ta Da You're done! Now decorate as you please
Tip: If you are planning on stamping your sentiment directly onto the base with the window….Stamp that before you place mounting tape on it. Also, if your like me and horrible at having neat mounting tape application, use a paper glue like zip dry and fill the cracks. It really works and it dries super fast.
OK now for the fun stuff! We want you to play along! Get some inspiration and show us your creativity!!! Of course their are rules. You must be a Creative Clear Stamps follower (super easy! In the side bar click follow) And of course you will have a chance to shine. Post your creation using the mr. widget below. You don't have to use Creative Clear Stamps but of course it is always a bonus if you do! You have until Sunday Night 11/08/09 at 8pm cst (9pm eastern, 6pm pacific). The prize each week will be a "CCS Challenge Winner" Badge to display on your blog and a personal discount code of 10% off your next CCS store purchase.Make sure you use CCS5 when you post your creation on splitcoast! Don't forget to display your winning badge so you can be in the running for a guest designer spot!