Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Let It Snow Silder Card Tutorial

Hello, it's Jennie and thanks for stopping in.... Today I want to share with you how to make a slider card.  I thought this cute little snowman from Let It Snow would be cute punched out with the scalloped circle punch and twirling across in slider card fashion. I stamped the scene first using the trees from Let It Snow  which are paper pieced with Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses.   Let me show you step-by-step how I did this...(and excuse my mess, I am a self-professed messy stamper!)

I stamped the trees, sponged the panel with Soft Sky, and layered it onto a piece Wild Wasabi. I took my Word Window punch and lined it up on one side and punched, then continued across until I was an equal distance from the edge on the other side. You can see I have some paper piecing going on for the trees over on the left... I adhered those and then went to the next step.

You will need two pennies don't ask why I have three in the picture...one got loose :o)   I used black dimensionals that are lined with red liner tape, but regular dimensionals will work too! As you can see I placed it in the center of one penny...

Then place the penny underneath the punched panel...

Now just remove the backing on the other side of the dimensional and place another penny on top of the first penny.  The dimensional is keeping the pennies on either side of the punched out space.  Then just add another dimensional on top of this penny to place your image on top. 

Sorry this picture has a bit of a glare, my flash went wacky....but you get the idea  :)

Now turn the entire panel over and place sticky dots on the bottom, being careful that the dimensionals are not too close to where the pennies are (or else it will not slide properly). You can see below what I mean...

Now simply remove the backing, turn it over, and adhere to the card base.

I sponged the edges with Soft Sky and am so tickled with how this turned out. I ended up with a 5x5 card and love that is larger than the standard size card.  I do hope that this tutorial showed you how quick and easy it is to make a slider card. I know kids *LOVE*  this kind of card.  If you make one of these, I would love to see it so be sure and leave a link either here or on my blog HERE. Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,


Card Deets:
Stamps: Let It Snow
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, WW and Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Ink: Memento Black, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, Pennies

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh Jennie, this is adorable!I need to make one!Thanks for feeding my inspiration drought!Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Thanks for sharing. Will have to try ...if I can find 2cents....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh so cool Jennie! I want to try this, thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make one of these and your tutorial makes it look SOOOO easy! It is very cute too with that little snowman...I can just imagine him spinning around on that card like he's just so elated to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Gorgeous card and tutorial I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it!!!! love it!!! love it !!!!can wait to try it...perfect toot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!!!! If I don't do anything else this weekend I'm gonna try this 4 sure!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails