Thursday, November 26, 2009

What is the true meaning of Thanksgiving?

I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!  The challenge for this week was to use a tool you were most thankful for, and I am choosing my embossing folders.  I LOVE them for so many reasons, but mostly because you can add texture to any card or paper craft using an embossing folder.  For my card, I used a sentiment stamp from the Turkey Day set from CCS.  I like this sentiment because it leaves it open to anything you want to write inside.  I think for mine, I'll give it to my mother-in-law and write "The true meaning of Thanksgiving is spending time with family!".



This card was VERY simple to make.  Start by embossing the front of your card and sponging ink over the embossing to make it stand out more.  I also sponged around the edges of all paper pieces of the card.  Next, I mounted the sentiment to a piece of coordinating cardstock, then adhered that to the card.  I added some cute ribbon and a button to top it off.  (Excuse the somewhat blurred photo...I think my batteries on my camera are losing their juice!)

Thanks for looking!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails