Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Camper



Good Morning, hope everyone is well and happy. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! The weather here was fantastic!!! Okay this is my first ever tutorial and I must admit, I'm nervous. It's like the world out there is going to be grading me so please, be kind. LOL. I am going to show how to make a 5x5 card with a matching envelope. One of my favorite tools now is my Scor-Pal. Just makes it so much easier! Okay first thing I do is gather every thing I think I may need, most time I add to....

I went with 2 stamp sets, Hello Hunny and Happy Camper. I just thought she looked like a happy camper. That's one thing that I love about these stamp sets, you can mix them up so many ways! After stamping and coloring her I cut her out using a nestie. Added a punched border down the side then stamped Happy Camper in the lower right hand corner. My card is all finished and moving on to the envelope. I started with a 81/2 x 11" sheet of paper, trimmed it down to 8 1/4"x8 1/4". Then align the corner in the 3.66 on the scor-pal (this is the inverted triangle). Score at 6 3/8" (dot) on all 4 sides.
After scoring on all 4 sides you will see where they over lap, that is your cutting mark, so cut those out. You are now ready to assemble your envelope.I attached scor tape to 2 sides. Peal and stick. Now I am ready to insert the matching card stock, I measure it turn and trace the end that is going to fold over, trim it,round my corner off, tape it down and it's finished.
Hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and that it's helped you . I love making the larger cards once in awhile and I just make the envelope to match. Thanks for taking time to visit today, I do appreciate it and your wonderful comments. Happy Stamping!





6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I think the DP adds a special touch to the card. Thanks Olga, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Tutorial! Love how you coorinated it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome,awesome,awesome! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tutorial.....you did an awesome job.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. olga i had the same idea using these stamps! so of course i think its a wonderful idea :) a super card and great tutorial! easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just starting to make my own envelopes, so this was especially great to see. I didn't even think of using my ScorPal to do it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails