It's Steph checking in again this month and bringing you a tutorial on how to make a handmade flower.
This is a very easy flower for a beginner so anyone can do it really. All you need are some basic crafting supplies:
- Scalloped punch (or scalloped die) - size of scallop determines size of flower.
- Tissue paper
1. Fold tissue paper in half and continuing folding it in half until you get about 12-15 layers.
(doesn't have to be accurate and tissue doesn't have to be new and uncreased - you are going to be scrunching it up anyways)
2. Punch out a scallop from your folded tissue paper.
3.Punch two small holes in the center and thread twine through the holes and tie a knot.
4. Flip the knotted scalloped circle over and start gathering each layer of tissue towards the center.
5. Once all the layers are gathered, start pulling layers down one by one (starting from the outer layer) to form a flower.
Tada!!! You have your handmade flower. Easy Peasy and very cheap flower that looks like you actually bought it.
Here is the card I made with flower:
I used the "CV0087 Wishing You" stamp set from Creative Clear Stamps. Come visit me on my blog for more fun creative projects.
Have a fun and creative rest of the week!