Sunday, January 6, 2013

Collecting Dust

Good Morning Stampers!

I have a ton of beads, a ton. I kept telling myself that I was going to create my own hat pins to use on my cards. Well, I bought all the stuff to make them....and 3 years later I finally did it! Thank you new year's resolution! I am sticking to it pretty good so far. I have so much great stuff in my studio, I need just get it out and use it.

These pins are super easy to create. Head over to the jewelry department at your local craft store. The pins you need are called Headpins/Hatpins. They do not have a pointed end, so they are not sharp.

Then you will need beads, any kind really. You will also need some clear drying adhesive. I used Glossy Accents by Inkssentials. (Ranger Product). Add a drop to the top of the pin, and add a bead. Add another drop, but to the bottom of the first bead this time. Add another bead. Then simply continue to do that until you have roughly 3-5 beads on the pin. Finish the pin with one last drop of Glossy Accents at the bottom of the last bead to stop the beads from falling off the pin. Let dry for about 15 minutes, or when liquid is clear and they are ready to use.

I needed a place to store them, so I created these little storage cards. I cut a piece of white cards stock 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". Then scored it on the 3 1/2" side at 1 1/4", 1 3/4" and 2 1/4".  Then I used a pinhole punch to create 5 spaces to hold the pins.



I am challenging you all to do the same. Create with something in your craft room that has been collecting dust.

I used Simply Said for these cards, and it is the DEAL OF THE DAY. This stamp set has 3 separate sentiments on it. Happy Birthday, Congratulations, and Get Well Soon. It is a MUST have for any card maker. This set is also a customer favorite. If you missed this set at one of our shows because it was sold out, here is your chance to get it. I recently got 100 of them in stock, so I shouldn't be sold out for a little while.



Thanks for stopping by and have a creative day!



3 comments:

  1. Love your hatpins, Laura. I too have a lot items to use up. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pins. Thanks for the inspiration. I have tons of beads, too. Think that this is a good winter project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails