Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shelly's Last Post with CCS

happy thursday! shelly here with my last post for design team 3. this has been such a wonderful experience for me. laura youre a fantastic DT leader and i cannot tell you how flattered i was when you approached ME about this. thank you for trusting me with your stamp images :)  i LOVE your stamps and the many ways to create with them.  and thank you for all your support :)
 chelsea, jenny and olga what lovely ladies you are! ive been so inspired by each of you and your projects. . thank you all for your kind words personally and about my projects. im leaving here sadly yet feeling like a million crafty  bucks at the same time :) thank you all so much :)
id also like to thank everyone whos commented on my projects your kind words always brought a smile to my face :)   hugs to everyone!

Here is a little DT Member Q&A with Shelly:
Laura: Tell us something we don't know about you:
Shelly: i run an in home daycare ( for 24 years )
Laura: Where do you get your creative inspiration every week? 
Shelly: pretty paper! i see it and think oh my how can i use that!  also  im on several design teams so the challenges set on those really help .
Laura: What has been your best experience as part of DT3?
Shelly: getting to "know" the girls and learning something new from them. being inspired by them.
Laura: What will you do now? (go back to blogging, start a position on a new team, etc?)
Shelly: im hoping to find the time to get back to a couple of just for the heck of it  sketch challenges again. ( of course ill start here!)
Laura:What is your favorite CCS Stamp?
Shelly: my favorite stamp is the hello hunny set. i think hunny is so precious and can be used for so many occasions.you just get such a warmth from her. 

and....speaking of hunny....for my last hurrah i used her on my project :) what i did was make a coupon book out of two A2 sized envelopes. well actually mine turned out a tea bag holder :)  all i did was take one envelope and put the flap of one inside the other, then covered with paper. the opening from the envelopes leave a pocket .. you 'll get the idea by the pics it super simple.
heres the front

here it is opened i covered the pockets with cardstock then added a punched scallop along the edges just to where the fold is. when you put one envelope flap inside another youll understand perfectly :)

and i also finished off the back.
hope you enjoyed this one :) XX shelly


From Laura's Laptop

About 10 weeks ago I was hopping my way around the blog world and stumbled upon Shelly's blog. LOVE the music she has going on over there. As I read through her posts and saw how creative she was, I knew I had to have her on my team! She was the first one I have ever "Asked" to join one of my DTs, and I am so glad I did! She is as sweet as she is creative! I wanted to take a minute to share my favorite project Shelly designed for CCS. Remember this prayer box? Love it, Love it, Love it! I also think it really shows off her personality and style.
 

Thank you SO MUCH for being on my team Shelly!
You always made my stamps look so good, and I could not have asked for more from you.
I enjoyed every second of it, and wish you much success in your future creative adventures!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sheely, I'm gonna miss you too! But hey wait, I'll see you over at your blog! you are such an awesome lady to work with. So helpful and creative. Love your work and will miss being on the team with ya, Happy Stamping GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbyes are so sad...so no gooodbyes...just so happy to have gotten a chance to work with you...and I will be stopping by your blog from time to time to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well girlfriend i told you how much i love this item on the phone today but wanted to come say "goodbye" here also :)
    you know i LOVE your work!!

    Laura, Shelly is really that sweet IRL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Shelly, this is a super idea! Thanks so much for all the inspiration! You are a terrific designer! I will keep watching your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails