Thursday, February 3, 2011

Precious One

Hello crafty reader!  I'm Joan Switalski from Northern Michigan, and I'll be your Thursday girl in the CCS Blog over the next four months.  This is my first take on being a design team member for a stamping company, and I'm so glad it's for Creative Vision.... woot!!!  I'm excited to share with you my first project for Creative Vision DT5.

I call this one a hole-y card - using a variety of tools to achieve the look.  The stamp "Precious One" is from the Sentiment Singles Collection, which was embossed with distress powder.  Let me tell you a secret also.  The inked background was actually from a sheet of copy paper I used to protect my desk while inking cardstock for another project.  I liked the mix of colors, so it's now the background of this card:

 Materials used:

cardstock/dp:  Stampin' Up, Recollection, copy paper
image/sentiment:  Creative Vision "Precious One"
ink:  Tsukineko, Stampin' Up, Prismacolor pencils, Staedler
tools: edge and corner punches (Martha Stewart), piercing template (Lasting Impressions),
Tim Holtz ruler, Spellbinders dies
embellishments:  flowers (Forever in Time), rhinestones
adhesive:  Scotch, Zots, mounting tape
misc.:  Shimmer Spritz

And before I go, don't forget to join us in the Creative Vision blog hop this coming Saturday, February 5th.  It's going to be fun!  Until then...


4 comments:

  1. WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME Joan! Beautiful card to match the beautiful sentiment! Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome Joan!!! :)
    beautiful card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty. Love all the demention!

    Jenn
    www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only say things that start with "L", love your layout and layers. Very lively card.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails