Tuesday, February 22, 2011

**Tuesdays with Jenn**


Good morning!  I just have to say that I am so overwhelmed with how fast this year is clipping along.  My mom always said that once I have a baby, the years speed by and before you know it your baby is grown and gone.  I am now a believer!!!  Today I thought I would do one last Valentine's Day creation.  I so love the colors of Love.  They are my favorite!!  I went all out and used most all of the stamps included in the True Love set.  There were a few that I had used in my first post that I decided to leave out. 

Here is a technique (that I like to think is named after me) "Jenny's Coat".  I took the stamps and made my pattern on a giant acrylic block.  I inked them with Versa Mark and stamped a tan piece of cardstock.  You can actually do this on patterned paper....especially if you have a large stamp that covers a fair amount.  I then used clear embossing poweder and embossed my stamped sentiments.  After I  heat embossed the images, I used Memento ink and rubbed it all over my piece of embossed cardstock....get ready it is messy!!!  After I achieved the color saturation I desired, I took a clean cloth and rubbed over the embossed area.  There you have it...a really unique look.  Hope you like my card and I hope you will try out this technique! 


Hope you like my card!
Stamps: Creative Clear Stamp-True Love
Paper: Scrap and cardstock
Extras: Memento ink, embossing powder-clear, Ribbon, ribbon jewel.

4 comments:

  1. wow Jenn, this is fabulous, love the ribbon jewel... so pretty..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color comb you choose and I will have to give this technique a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - your colors are too cute and I love the jewel same as Silli - but I have never used this type of technique - will have to give it a go! Going to share this post now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing Jenn! And Pink and brown are one of my favorites together!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails