Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's all in the details...

Hello!

I thought we could have some fun today. I'd like to share some ideas on how to make your Thanksgiving dinner party a little more unique. That is, if you're lucky enough to host Thanksgiving this year. You think I'm crazy to be saying you'd be lucky, right? Well, actually, the planning can be a lot of fun. I'll show you what I mean.

With the Turkey Day clear rubber stamp set you can really add some colourful flair to your holiday table. This set is definitely one of my favourites. I just love, love, love the little turkey included with the set. C'mon, he's adorable!

If you're like me you don't have a ton of time to think and plan out the details. That's why I love this little turkey. He's about 1.5"x 1.5" round so I grabbed my circle punch and punched that turkey out! Don't worry, no actual turkeys were harmed..

Here's a placecard I made with him using some decorative paper I had on hand. I stuck with fall colours.

















Placecards are great because they leave a person feeling welcome and special. They're really easy to make too.

Another idea is to make some wine tags. You know, that way Uncle Bob won't get confused when he places his wine down and forgets which is his. Uncle Bob, you know, everyone has an Uncle Bob!

For the wine tags I used the gobble stamp from the same stamp set, punched it with my circle punch again and threaded some straw-like ribbon through it for a fall decor look.
Again - a very easy project!





















If you have some extra time you could sponge the sides to give it a warmer look or write names on the back of the wine tags to make them more personal.

You could also use these punched out images on napkins rings. Don't own napking rings? That's okay! If you have some ribbon handy, simply tie the ribbon around the napkin, and add the stamped image to the ribbon with some glue dots. Remember that the rustic/messy look actually works well for fall.

Thanksgiving's coming soon! I'm so thankful for my good health and family. What are you thankful for?

Rebecca

1 comment:

Show some love with a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails